找回密码
 注册

ADVERTISEMENT

查看: 1568|回复: 4

有谁会 metabolic biochemistry?

[复制链接]
发表于 23-9-2007 01:34 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
最近我进行了试验,试验要求
1. determine the efficiency of fermentation vs respiration by analysing ethanol production and glucose catabolism.
2. examin the effect of 2 inhibitors(fluoride&bisulphite)on fermentation

我想问,

1. how's inhibitors work? what is the mechanism? 我google了但是找不到
2. For gluocose standard curve (UV absorbance at 510 nm), is it possible to get negative reading? What is this mean? No glucose presence? or technical problems?
3. is it possible to get negative reading for [glucose] catabolished and [ethanol] produced? 为什么?

抱歉,不能全用华语.

帮帮忙!!

我的报告在这里:http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28613
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 24-9-2007 08:15 PM | 显示全部楼层
my opinion..i think..

1。我不知道。。

2。is it DNS test? or.. for this kinda test, i dont think it's possible to get -ve result. cos your ‘blank’has nothing inside, it's zero..
1st, i know some of our spectrophotometers are something wrong..
2nd, the technique when u take the abs.. shouldnt leave the cover wide open for long time..also have to keep the cuvetter surface clean .. wipe it with tissue paper everytime you before you put it in..also,use same cuvette for the whole process..cos every cuvette has different 'background' abs,especially contributed by scratches..

3。glucose --> ethanol + co2
can the reaction go from right to left? i think cannot??

there's no way [glucose] increase right? unless the water evaporated (which shouldnt be cos it's an anaerobic reaction)..
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-9-2007 09:22 PM | 显示全部楼层
谢谢你!
报告已经交上去了,明天会问lecturer原因,因为她说有可能拿到负数
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-9-2007 11:08 PM | 显示全部楼层

回复 #3 kikuchi 的帖子

直到后来这里随便reply一下。。
这个拜五我去pendas..
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 26-9-2007 03:55 PM | 显示全部楼层
1. how's inhibitors work? what is the mechanism?

在Wikipedia找到:
The binding of an inhibitor can stop a substrate from entering the enzyme's active site and/or hinder the enzyme from catalysing its reaction. Inhibitor binding is either reversible or irreversible. Irreversible inhibitors usually react with the enzyme and change it chemically. These inhibitors modify key amino acid residues needed for enzymatic activity. In contrast, reversible inhibitors bind non-covalently and different types of inhibition are produced depending on whether these inhibitors bind the enzyme, the enzyme-substrate complex, or both.

希望这是你要的答案吧~
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 19-4-2024 06:38 AM , Processed in 0.054562 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.