发表于 30-6-2013 12:55 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
AN3‧70 Muluposathasuttam 布薩經 (語譯:瞿宗樺)

如是我聞。 有一次,世尊住在舍衛城東園,彌迦羅之母衛塞的一座高樓。當時正是每半月的布薩日,彌迦羅之母衛塞前往拜訪世尊,在禮敬世尊後,坐在一邊。
  世尊向彌迦羅母衛塞招呼道:「衛塞啊!你怎麼這麼早就過來呢?」
  衛塞回答:「尊者!今天是布薩日,我是來參加布薩的啊。」
  世尊:「衛塞!有三布薩,是哪三種呢?分別是:牧牛者的布薩、尼乾陀的布薩、聖者的布薩。

牧牛者的布薩

衛塞!什麼是牧牛者的布薩呢?猶如黃昏的時候,牧牛者將牛隻趕回牧場之後,如此思慮:『這些牛隻今日在此處放牧,於彼處飲水。明日亦將於此處放牧,於彼處飲水!』

同樣的道理,如果一位參加布薩的人心裡也這麼想:『我今天吃這些此蔬果(非主食)及彼穀肉(主食),我明天吃彼蔬果(非主食)及此穀肉(主食)。』而不思維、不懺悔自己的行為來自貪欲。

衛塞!這就是牧牛者的布薩,牧牛者的布薩不會帶來大果報、大利益、大光明。

尼乾陀的布薩

衛塞!那什麼是尼乾陀的布薩呢?衛塞!尼乾陀沙門如此勸導弟子:

『諸弟子!於東方,凡是身長超越百由旬的眾生,應拋棄木杖,不予傷害;於西方,凡是身長超越百由旬的眾生,應拋棄木杖,不予傷害;於北方,凡是身長超越百由旬的眾生,應拋棄木杖,不予傷害;於南方,凡是身長超越百由旬的眾生,應拋棄木杖,不予傷害。』如此,對於一些眾生,他們給予慈悲、同情、憐愍,但是對另一些眾生,則不給予慈悲、同情、憐愍。

尼乾陀沙門在布薩日的時候,如是勸導弟子:

『諸弟子!你必須拋棄衣服,乃至一切精神、物質上的所有事物,當如是說:
  無論何時何處,我於彼中,乃至一切精神、物質上的所有事物,皆為虛妄、不真實、不存在;同樣地,無論何時何處,彼於我中,乃至一切精神、物質上的所有事物於我中,皆為虛妄、不真實、不存在!』

然而,事實並非如此。
  他們的父母知道:『此是我們的子。』
  他也同樣知道:『此是我的父母。』
  他們的妻兒知道:『此是我們的丈夫及父親。』
  他也同樣知道:『此是我的妻兒。』
  他們的奴隸及僕人知道:『此是我們的貴人、主上。』
  他也同樣知道:『此是我的奴隸及僕人。』

無論何時,無論真實或虛妄,尼乾陀皆如此教導弟子,而弟子因此拋棄自己的財物。於布薩夜之後,尼乾陀收取那些被弟子拋棄的財物,即使這些並非弟子發心所供養,這亦是如來所說的竊盜啊!
  衛塞!這就是尼乾陀的布薩,尼乾陀的布薩不會帶來大果報、大利益、大光明。

【六隨念:隨念如來】

「衛塞!什麼是聖者的布薩呢?
  衛塞!聖者的布薩將使受污染的心變得清淨。
  衛塞!那麼該如何透過聖者的布薩使受污染的心變得清淨呢?
  衛塞!於此,聖者如此隨念如來:
  『彼世尊亦即是阿羅漢,等正覺者,明行足者,善逝,世間解,上士,調御丈夫,天人師,佛,世尊』
  聖者透過隨念如來使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱;

衛塞!就好像透過方法,可使髒污的頭面變得清淨。
  衛塞!但是要如何透過方法使髒污的頭面變得清淨呢?
  透過肥皂、透過水及適當的刷洗,
  衛塞!透過這些方法,可以使髒污的頭面變得清淨。
  衛塞!同樣地,透過隨念如來可使受污染的心變得清淨。」

世尊反覆地教導:
  「衛塞啊!該如何透過聖者的布薩使受污染的心變得清淨呢?
  衛塞!於此,聖者如此隨念如來:
  『彼世尊亦即是阿羅漢,等正覺者,明行足者,善逝,世間解,上士,調御丈夫,天人師,佛,世尊』
  聖者隨念如來,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。
  衛塞!這就是聖者透過隨念如來的布薩,親近如來、常住、圓滿,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。
  衛塞!如是透過聖者的布薩將使受污染的心變得清淨。」

【六隨念:隨念法】

「衛塞!聖者的布薩將使受污染的心變得清淨。
  衛塞!於此,聖者如此隨念法:
  『法由世尊善巧地解說,此時此地即可親見,當下遠離種種熾熱的燃燒。不論什麼時候都可以,請親自前來觀察驗證,通達內明之道,智者當會自行證知。』
  聖者隨念佛法而使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。

衛塞!就好像透過方法,可使髒污的身體變得清淨。
  衛塞!但是要如何透過方法使髒污的身體變得清淨呢?
  透過洗背用具、透過粉末、透過水及適當的刷洗,
  衛塞!透過這些方法,可以是髒污的身體變得清淨。
  衛塞!同樣地,透過隨念法可使受污染的心變得清淨。」

世尊反覆地教導:
  「衛塞!那麼該如何透過聖者的布薩使受污染的心變得清淨呢?
  衛塞!於此,聖者如此隨念法:
  『法由世尊善巧地解說,此時此地即可親見,當下遠離種種熾熱的燃燒。不論什麼時候都可以,請親自前來觀察驗證,通達內明之道,智者當會自行證知。』
  聖者隨念法,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。
  衛塞!這就是聖者透過隨念法的布薩,親近佛法、常住、圓滿,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。

【六隨念:隨念僧伽】

「衛塞!聖者的布薩將使受污染的心變得清淨。
  衛塞!於此,聖者如此隨念僧伽:
  『世尊的聲聞僧伽循著善良、正直、真實、完善的方法修習。向須陀洹道,得須陀洹果;向斯陀含道,得斯陀含果;向阿那含道,得阿那含果;向阿羅漢道,得阿羅漢果。如是四雙八士才是世尊的聲聞僧伽,應該佈施、禮遇、供養、尊重,這是世間無上的福田。』
  聖者透過隨念僧伽而使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱;

衛塞!就好像透過方法,可使髒污的衣服變得清淨。
  衛塞!但是要如何透過方法使髒污的衣服變得清淨呢?
  透過含鹽物質、透過鹼性物質、透過牛糞、透過水及適當的刷洗,
  衛塞!透過這些方法,可以是髒污的衣服變得清淨。
  衛塞!同樣地,透過隨念僧伽可使受污染的心變得清淨。」

世尊反覆地教導:
  衛塞!於此,聖者如此隨念僧伽:
  『世尊的聲聞僧伽循著善良、正直、真實、完善的方法修習。向須陀洹道,得須陀洹果;向斯陀含道,得斯陀含果;向阿那含道,得阿那含果;向阿羅漢道,得阿羅漢果。如是四雙八士才是世尊的聲聞僧伽,應該佈施、禮遇、供養、尊重,這是世間無上的福田。』
  聖者隨念僧伽,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。
  衛塞!這就是聖者透過隨念僧伽的布薩,親近僧伽、常住、圓滿,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。

【六隨念:隨念諸戒】

「衛塞!聖者的布薩將使受污染的心變得清淨。
  衛塞!於此,聖者如此隨念諸戒:
  『對於聖者所珍惜的戒律,不毀壞、不缺斷、不玷污、不雜染,進而脫離輪迴惡道的恐怖,為智者所讚嘆。不執取世間的貪愛,循序導向於禪定。』
  聖者隨念諸戒,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。

衛塞!就好像透過方法,可使髒污的銅鏡變得清淨。
  衛塞!但是要如何透過方法使髒污的銅鏡變得清淨呢?
  透過油、透過燃燒過後的灰、透過毛拂及適當的清潔,
  衛塞!透過這些方法,可以是髒污的銅鏡變得清淨。
  衛塞!同樣地,透過隨念諸戒可使受污染的心變得清淨。」

世尊反覆地教導:
  衛塞!於此,聖者如此隨念諸戒:
  『對於聖者所珍惜的戒律,不毀壞、不缺斷、不玷污、不雜染,進而脫離輪迴惡道的恐怖,為智者所讚嘆。不執取世間的貪愛,循序導向於禪定。』
  聖者隨念諸戒,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。
  衛塞!這就是聖者透過隨念諸戒的布薩,親近諸戒、常住、圓滿,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。

【六隨念:隨念諸天】

「衛塞!聖者的布薩將使受污染的心變得清淨。
  衛塞!於此,聖者如此隨念諸天:
  『於欲界有四大王天、三十三天、焰摩天、兜率陀天、化樂天、他化自在天,其壽命福報與環境之莊嚴,依次殊勝。再往上,即是更殊勝的「色界」天與「無色界」天存在。
  諸天人具備淨信,於此命終,生於諸天,我亦同樣具備淨信;
  諸天人具備淨戒,於此命終,生於諸天,我亦同樣具備淨戒;
  諸天人具備淨施,於此命終,生於諸天,我亦同樣具備淨施;
  諸天人具備淨聞,於此命終,生於諸天,我亦同樣具備淨聞;
  諸天人具備淨慧,於此命終,生於諸天,我亦同樣具備淨慧。』
  聖者隨念自己及諸天的淨信、淨戒、淨施、淨聞及淨智,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。

世尊反覆地教導:
  「衛塞!就好像透過方法,可使髒污的黃金變得清淨。
  衛塞!但是要如何透過方法使髒污的黃金變得清淨呢?
  透過熔礦的火爐、鹽、紅土、柄、鉗後,經過適當的敲打淬煉
  衛塞!透過這些方法,可以是髒污的黃金變得清淨。
  衛塞!同樣地,透過隨念諸天可使受污染的心變得清淨。」

世尊反覆地教導:
  衛塞!聖者的布薩將使受污染的心變得清淨。
  衛塞!於此,聖者如此隨念諸天:
  『於欲界有四大王天、三十三天、焰摩天、兜率陀天、化樂天、他化自在天,其壽命福報與環境之莊嚴,依次殊勝。再往上,即是更殊勝的色界天與無色界天存在。
  諸天人具備淨信,於此命終,生於諸天,我亦同樣具備淨信;
  諸天人具備淨戒,於此命終,生於諸天,我亦同樣具備淨戒;
  諸天人具備淨施,於此命終,生於諸天,我亦同樣具備淨施;
  諸天人具備淨聞,於此命終,生於諸天,我亦同樣具備淨聞;
  諸天人具備淨慧,於此命終,生於諸天,我亦同樣具備淨慧。』
  聖者隨念自己及諸天的淨信、淨戒、淨施、淨聞及淨智,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。
  衛塞!這就是聖者透過隨念諸天的布薩,親近諸天戒、常住、圓滿,使內心明淨,生出喜樂、斷諸煩惱。

【思維八戒】

「衛塞!聖者如此思維:
  『阿羅漢終其一生都捨棄殺生、戒除殺生,他們已經放下棍棒、他們已經放下武器,他們對惡行懷有慚愧,對一切眾生的福利帶有憐憫以及慈心。在今天的一日一夜當中,我也捨棄了殺生、戒除殺生,我放下了棍棒、我放下了武器,對惡行懷有慚愧,對一切眾生的福利帶有憐憫及慈心。這就是我在齋日時所持守的戒,藉由如此,我追隨阿羅漢的腳步。』
  經此布薩者,將淨住、清靜、長養善法。

他如此思維:
  『阿羅漢終其一生都捨棄了不與而取(偷盜)、戒除不與而取,他們只拿取別人施與的東西、他們只期望那些別人所給與的東西,他們不是竊賊。在今天的一日一夜當中,我也捨棄了不與而取、戒除不與而取,我只拿取別人施與的東西、我只期望那些別人所給與的東西,我不是竊賊。這就是我在齋日時所持守的戒,藉由如此,我追隨阿羅漢的腳步。』
  經此布薩者,將淨住、清靜、長養善法。

他如此思維:
  『阿羅漢終其一生都捨棄了淫行、過著貞節的生活,他們安於離欲、戒除了俗人的性生活。在今天的一日一夜當中,我也捨棄了淫行、過著貞節的生活,安於離欲、戒除了俗人的性生活。這就是我在齋日時所持守的戒,藉由如此,我追隨阿羅漢的腳步。』
  經此布薩者,將淨住、清靜、長養善法。

他如此思維:
  『阿羅漢終其一生都捨棄了妄語、戒除了妄語,他們是只說實話的人、代表真實語、堅持真實語、安住於真實語,不是撒謊的人。在今天的一日一夜當中,我也捨棄了妄語、戒除了妄語,我只說實話的人、代表真實語、堅持真實語、安住於真實語,不是撒謊的人。這就是我在齋日時所持守的戒,藉由如此,我追隨阿羅漢的腳步。』
  經此布薩者,將淨住、清靜、長養善法。

他如此思維:
  『阿羅漢終其一生都捨棄了蒸餾過及發酵過的酒類—它們會導致失念、並戒除了這些酒類。在今天的一日一夜當中,我也捨棄了蒸餾過及發酵過的酒類—它們會導致失念、並戒除了這些酒類。這就是我在齋日時所持守的戒,藉由如此,我追隨阿羅漢的腳步。』
  經此布薩者,將淨住、清靜、長養善法。

他如此思維:
  『阿羅漢終其一生都日食一餐,戒除非食而食,他們克制自己不在夜間進食。在今天的一日一夜當中,我也日食一餐,戒除非食而食,克制自己不在夜間進食。這就是我在齋日時所持守的戒,藉由如此,我追隨阿羅漢的腳步。』
  經此布薩者,將淨住、清靜、長養善法。

他如此思維:
  『阿羅漢終其一生都戒除了跳舞、唱歌、聽音樂、觀看娛樂表演、穿著華麗衣服、擦香水以及使用化妝品。在今天的一日一夜當中,我也戒除了跳舞、唱歌、聽音樂、觀看娛樂表演、穿戴裝飾品、擦香水以及使用化妝品。這就是我在齋日時所持守的戒,藉由如此,我追隨阿羅漢的腳步。』
  經此布薩者,將淨住、清靜、長養善法。

他如此思維:
  『阿羅漢終其一生都捨棄了高廣大床、戒除高廣大床,他們使用低矮的臥處—硬的床或是草蓆。在今天的一日一夜當中,我也捨棄了高廣大床、戒除高廣大床,使用低矮的臥處—硬的床或是草蓆。這就是我在齋日時所持守的戒,藉由如此,我追隨阿羅漢的腳步。』
  經此布薩者,將淨住、清靜、長養善法。

衛塞!這就是聖者的布薩啊。
  衛塞!聖者的布薩將帶來大果報、大利益、大光明。
  聖者的布薩如何帶來大果報、大利益、大光明呢?

【結語】

世尊持續說道:
  「衛塞!就好比一個權力顯赫,統制著十六個國家—也就是鴦伽國、摩揭陀國、迦尸國、拘薩羅國、跋耆國、末羅國、支提國、番伽國、俱盧國、般遮羅國、婆蹉國、首羅先那國、阿濕伽國、阿槃提國、健陀羅國、劍浮闍國;這些國家的帝王,擁有數不盡的七寶(金、銀、珍珠、水晶、玉、寶石及珊瑚),但是這些功德都比不上在齋日持守八戒的十六分之一。
  為什麼這樣說呢?因為和天界的喜樂比起來,人間帝王的喜樂是微不足道的。」

「衛塞!人間的五十年是四天王天的一個日夜,他們一個月有三十天,一年有十二個月,而四天王天的的壽命是五百天年(約人間九百萬年)。在此,若某個女人或男人能在布薩日持守八戒隨行布薩,當身壞命終之後,他可以投生在四天王天—這是顯而易見的。
  「衛塞!所以如來說:和天界的喜樂比起來,人間帝王的喜樂是微不足道的。」

「衛塞!人間的一百年是三十三天的一個日夜,他們一個月有三十天,一年有十二個月,而三十三天的的壽命是一千天年(約人間三千六百萬年)。在此,若某個女人或男人能在布薩日持守八戒隨行布薩,當身壞命終之後,他可以投生在三十三天—這是顯而易見的。
  衛塞!所以如來說:和天界的喜樂比起來,人間帝王的喜樂是微不足道的。」

「衛塞!人間的二百年是夜摩天的一個日夜,他們一個月有三十天,一年有十二個月,而夜摩天的的壽命是兩千天年(約人間一億四千四百萬年)。在此,若某個女人或男人能在布薩日持守八戒隨行布薩,當身壞命終之後,他可以投生在夜摩天—這是顯而易見的。

「衛塞!人間的四百年是兜率陀天的一個日夜,他們一個月有三十天,一年有十二個月,而兜率陀天的的壽命是四千天年(約人間五億七千六百萬年)。在此,若某個女人或男人能在布薩日持守八戒隨行布薩,當身壞命終之後,他可以投生在兜率陀天—這是顯而易見的。

「衛塞!人間的八百年是化樂天的一個日夜,他們一個月有三十天,一年有十二個月,而化樂天的的壽命是八千天年(約人間二十三億四百萬年)。在此,若某個女人或男人能在布薩日持守八戒隨行布薩,當身壞命終之後,他可以投生在化樂天—這是顯而易見的。

「衛塞!人間的一千六百年是他化自在天的一個日夜,他們一個月有三十天,一年有十二個月,而他化自在天的的壽命是一萬六千天年(約人間九十二億一千六百萬年)。在此,若某個女人或男人能在布薩日持守八戒隨行布薩,當身壞命終之後,他可以投生在他化自在天—這是顯而易見的。

世尊教說完畢之後,以唱偈道:
「戒除殺生、不與而不取、
 不妄語、不飲酒、
 不淫行、
 不非時而食
 不穿華麗衣服或使用香水、
 不坐臥高床。
 持守八戒隨行布薩,將帶來苦的止息。
 太陽和月亮的光輝,是如此地美麗,
 他們此起彼落,當出現在天空時,將可以驅除黑暗,照亮天際及各個角落,
 使得那珍珠、水晶、瑞玉、金塊及金幣顯得耀眼燦爛。
 這些財寶雖然珍貴,但是和持守八戒隨行布薩比較起來,
 還不及它的十六分之一,
 就好比天空的群星遠比不上月亮的光輝。
 這是真實不虛,那些有戒德的女人或男人,
 持守八戒隨行布薩,
 將會為他們帶來善業、帶來無可責難的快樂,
 當他們身壞命終之後,將會投生於天界。」

评分

参与人数 2人气 +10 收起 理由
素还真 + 5 谢谢分享
alpsfeel + 5 谢谢分享

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 30-6-2013 12:57 PM | 显示全部楼层
Muluposatha Sutta: The Roots of the Uposatha.
translated from the Pali by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

I have heard that on one occasion the Blessed One was staying in Savatthi at the Eastern Monastery, the palace of Migara's mother. Now at that time — it being the Uposatha day — Visakha, Migara's mother, went to the Blessed One in the middle of the day and, on arrival, having bowed down to him, sat to one side. As she was sitting there the Blessed One said to her, "Well now, Visakha, why are you coming in the middle of the day?"

"Today I am observing the Uposatha, lord."

"Visakha, there are these three Uposathas. Which three? The Uposatha of a cowherd, the Uposatha of the Jains, and the Uposatha of the Noble Ones.

"And what is the Uposatha of a cowherd? Just as when a cowherd returns the cattle to their owners in the evening, he reflects: 'Today the cattle wandered to that spot and this, drank at this spot and that; tomorrow they will wander to that spot and this, will drink at this spot and that'; in the same way, there is the case where a certain person observing the Uposatha reflects, 'Today I ate this sort of non-staple food and that sort of staple food. Tomorrow I will eat that sort of non-staple food and this sort of staple food.' He spends the day with an awareness imbued with that covetousness, with that greed. Such is the Uposatha of a cowherd, Visakha. When this Uposatha of a cowherd is undertaken, it is not of great fruit or great benefit, not of great glory or great radiance.

"And what is the Uposatha of the Jains? There are the contemplatives called the Niganthas (Jains). They get their disciple to undertake the following practice: 'Here, my good man. Lay down the rod with regard to beings who live more than 100 leagues to the east... more than 100 leagues to the west... more than 100 leagues to the north... more than 100 leagues to the south.' Thus they get the disciple to undertake kindness & sympathy to some beings, but not to others.

"On the Uposatha day, they get their disciple to undertake the following practice: 'Here, my good man. Having stripped off all your clothing, say this: "I am nothing by anything or of anything. Thus there is nothing by anything or of anything that is mine."' Yet in spite of that, his parents know of him that 'This is our child.' And he knows of them that 'These are my parents.' His wives & children know of him that 'This is our husband & father.' And he knows of them that 'These are my wives & children.' His workers & slaves know of him that 'This is our master.' And he knows of them that 'These are my workers & slaves.' Thus at a time when he should be persuaded to undertake truthfulness, he is persuaded to undertake falsehood. At the end of the night, he resumes the consumption of his belongings, even though they aren't given back to him. This counts as stealing, I tell you. Such is the Uposatha of the Jains, Visakha. When this Uposatha of the Jains is undertaken, it is not of great fruit or great benefit, not of great glory or great radiance.

"And what is the Uposatha of the Noble Ones? It is the cleansing of the defiled mind through the proper technique. And how is the defiled mind cleansed through the proper technique?

"There is the case where the disciple of the noble ones recollects the Tathagata, thus: 'Indeed, the Blessed One is worthy and rightly self-awakened, consummate in knowledge & conduct, well-gone, an expert with regard to the world, unexcelled as a trainer for those people fit to be tamed, the Teacher of divine & human beings, awakened, blessed.' As he is recollecting the Tathagata, his mind is calmed, and joy arises; the defilements of his mind are abandoned, just as when the head is cleansed through the proper technique. And how is the head cleansed through the proper technique? Through the use of cosmetic paste & clay & the appropriate human effort. This is how the head is cleansed through the proper technique. In the same way, the defiled mind is cleansed through the proper technique. And how is the defiled mind cleansed through the proper technique? There is the case where the disciple of the noble ones recollects the Tathagata... As he is recollecting the Tathagata, his mind is cleansed, and joy arises; the defilements of his mind are abandoned. He is thus called a disciple of the noble ones undertaking the Brahma-Uposatha. He lives with Brahma [= the Buddha]. It is owing to Brahma that his mind is calmed, that joy arises, and that whatever defilements there are in his mind are abandoned. This is how the mind is cleansed through the proper technique.

"[Again, the Uposatha of the Noble Ones] is the cleansing of the mind through the proper technique. And how is the defiled mind cleansed through the proper technique?

"There is the case where the disciple of the noble ones recollects the Dhamma, thus: 'The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One, to be seen here & now, timeless, inviting verification, pertinent, to be realized by the wise for themselves.' As he is recollecting the Dhamma, his mind is calmed, and joy arises; the defilements of his mind are abandoned, just as when the body is cleansed through the proper technique. And how is the body cleansed through the proper technique? Through the use of scouring balls & bath powder & the appropriate human effort. This is how the body is cleansed through the proper technique. In the same way, the defiled mind is cleansed through the proper technique. And how is the defiled mind cleansed through the proper technique? There is the case where the disciple of the noble ones recollects the Dhamma... As he is recollecting the Dhamma, his mind is cleansed, and joy arises; the defilements of his mind are abandoned. He is thus called a disciple of the noble ones undertaking the Dhamma-Uposatha. He lives with Dhamma. It is owing to Dhamma that his mind is calmed, that joy arises, and that whatever defilements there are in his mind are abandoned. This is how the mind is cleansed through the proper technique.

"[Again, the Uposatha of the Noble Ones] is the cleansing of the mind through the proper technique. And how is the defiled mind cleansed through the proper technique?

"There is the case where the disciple of the noble ones recollects the Sangha, thus: 'The Sangha of the Blessed One's disciples who have practiced well... who have practiced straight-forwardly... who have practiced methodically... who have practiced masterfully — in other words, the four types [of noble disciples] when taken as pairs, the eight when taken as individual types — they are the Sangha of the Blessed One's disciples: worthy of gifts, worthy of hospitality, worthy of offerings, worthy of respect, the incomparable field of merit for the world.' As he is recollecting the Sangha, his mind is calmed, and joy arises; the defilements of his mind are abandoned, just as when clothing is cleansed through the proper technique. And how is clothing cleansed through the proper technique? Through the use of salt earth & lye & cow dung & the appropriate human effort. This is how clothing is cleansed through the proper technique. In the same way, the defiled mind is cleansed through the proper technique. And how is the defiled mind cleansed through the proper technique? There is the case where the disciple of the noble ones recollects the Sangha... As he is recollecting the Sangha, his mind is cleansed, and joy arises; the defilements of his mind are abandoned. He is thus called a disciple of the noble ones undertaking the Sangha-Uposatha. He lives with the Sangha. It is owing to the Sangha that his mind is calmed, that joy arises, and that whatever defilements there are in his mind are abandoned. This is how the mind is cleansed through the proper technique.

"There is the case where the disciple of the noble ones recollects his own virtues, thus: '[They are] untorn, unbroken, unspotted, unsplattered, liberating, praised by the wise, untarnished, conducive to concentration.' As he is recollecting virtue, his mind is calmed, and joy arises; the defilements of his mind are abandoned, just as when a mirror is cleansed through the proper technique. And how is a mirror cleansed through the proper technique? Through the use of oil & ashes & chamois & the appropriate human effort. This is how a mirror is cleansed through the proper technique. In the same way, the defiled mind is cleansed through the proper technique. And how is the defiled mind cleansed through the proper technique? There is the case where the disciple of the noble ones recollects his own virtues... As he is recollecting virtue, his mind is cleansed, and joy arises; the defilements of his mind are abandoned. He is thus called a disciple of the noble ones undertaking the virtue-Uposatha. He lives with virtue. It is owing to virtue that his mind is calmed, that joy arises, and that whatever defilements there are in his mind are abandoned. This is how the mind is cleansed through the proper technique.

"There is the case where the disciple of the noble ones recollects the devas, thus: 'There are the Devas of the Four Great Kings, the Devas of the Thirty-three, the Yama Devas, the Contented Devas, the devas who delight in creation, the devas who have power over the creations of others, the devas of Brahma's retinue, the devas beyond them. Whatever conviction they were endowed with that — when falling away from this life — they re-arose there, the same sort of conviction is present in me as well. Whatever virtue they were endowed with that — when falling away from this life — they re-arose there, the same sort of virtue is present in me as well. Whatever learning they were endowed with that — when falling away from this life — they re-arose there, the same sort of learning is present in me as well. Whatever generosity they were endowed with that — when falling away from this life — they re-arose there, the same sort of generosity is present in me as well. Whatever discernment they were endowed with that — when falling away from this life — they re-arose there, the same sort of discernment is present in me as well.' As he is recollecting the devas, his mind is calmed, and joy arises; the defilements of his mind are abandoned, just as when gold is cleansed through the proper technique. And how is gold cleansed through the proper technique? Through the use of a furnace, salt earth, red chalk, a blow-pipe, tongs, & the appropriate human effort. This is how gold is cleansed through the proper technique. In the same way, the defiled mind is cleansed through the proper technique. And how is the defiled mind cleansed through the proper technique? There is the case where the disciple of the noble ones recollects the devas... As he is recollecting the devas, his mind is cleansed, and joy arises; the defilements of his mind are abandoned. He is thus called a disciple of the noble ones undertaking the Deva-Uposatha. He lives with the devas. It is owing to the devas that his mind is calmed, that joy arises, and that whatever defilements there are in his mind are abandoned. This is how the mind is cleansed through the proper technique.

"Furthermore, the disciple of the noble ones reflects thus: 'As long as they live, the arahants — abandoning the taking of life — abstain from the taking of life. They dwell with their rod laid down, their knife laid down, scrupulous, merciful, compassionate for the welfare of all living beings. Today I too, for this day & night — abandoning the taking of life — abstain from the taking of life. I dwell with my rod laid down, my knife laid down, scrupulous, merciful, compassionate for the welfare of all living beings. By means of this factor I emulate the arahants, and my Uposatha will be observed.

"'As long as they live, the arahants — abandoning the taking of what is not given — abstain from taking what is not given. They take only what is given, accept only what is given, live not by stealing but by means of a self that has become pure. Today I too, for this day & night — abandoning the taking of what is not given — abstain from taking what is not given. I take only what is given, accept only what is given, live not by stealing but by means of a self that has become pure. By means of this factor I emulate the arahants, and my Uposatha will be observed.

"'As long as they live, the arahants — abandoning uncelibacy — live a celibate life, aloof, refraining from the sexual act that is the villager's way. Today I too, for this day & night — abandoning uncelibacy — live a celibate life, aloof, refraining from the sexual act that is the villager's way. By means of this factor I emulate the arahants, and my Uposatha will be observed.

"'As long as they live, the arahants — abandoning false speech — abstain from false speech. They speak the truth, hold to the truth, are firm, reliable, no deceivers of the world. Today I too, for this day & night — abandoning false speech — abstain from false speech. I speak the truth, hold to the truth, am firm, reliable, no deceiver of the world. By means of this factor I emulate the arahants, and my Uposatha will be observed.

"'As long as they live, the arahants — abandoning fermented & distilled liquors that cause heedlessness — abstain from fermented & distilled liquors that cause heedlessness. Today I too, for this day & night — abandoning fermented & distilled liquors that cause heedlessness — abstain from fermented & distilled liquors that cause heedlessness. By means of this factor I emulate the arahants, and my Uposatha will be observed.

"'As long as they live, the arahants live on one meal a day, abstaining from food at night, refraining from food at the wrong time of day [from noon until dawn]. Today I too, for this day & night, live on one meal, abstaining from food at night, refraining from food at the wrong time of day. By means of this factor I emulate the arahants, and my Uposatha will be observed.

"'As long as they live, the arahants abstain from dancing, singing, music, watching shows, wearing garlands, beautifying themselves with perfumes & cosmetics. Today I too, for this day & night, abstain from dancing, singing, music, watching shows, wearing garlands, beautifying myself with perfumes & cosmetics. By means of this factor I emulate the arahants, and my Uposatha will be observed.

"'As long as they live, the arahants — abandoning high & imposing seats & beds — abstain from high & imposing seats & beds. They make low beds, on a pallet or a spread of straw. Today I too, for this day & night — abandoning high & imposing seats & beds — abstain from high & imposing seats & beds. I make a low bed, on a pallet or a spread of straw.'

"Such is the Uposatha of the Noble Ones, Visakha. When this Uposatha of the Noble Ones is undertaken, it is of great fruit & great benefit, of great glory & great radiance. And how is it of great fruit & great benefit, of great glory & great radiance?

"Suppose that one were to exercise kingship, rule, & sovereignty over these sixteen great lands replete with the seven treasures, i.e., over the Angas, Maghadans, Kasis, Kosalans, Vajjians, Mallas, Cetis, Vansans, Kurus, Pañcalas, Macchas, Surasenas, Assakas, Avantis, Gandharans, & Kambojans: It would not be worth one-sixteenth of this Uposatha endowed with eight factors. Why is that? Kingship over human beings is a meager thing when compared with heavenly bliss.

"Fifty human years are equal to one day & night among the Devas of the Four Great Kings. Thirty such days & nights make a month. Twelve such months make a year. Five hundred such heavenly years constitute the life-span among the Devas of the Four Great Kings. Now, it is possible that a certain man or woman — from having observed this Uposatha endowed with eight factors — on the break-up of the body, after death, might be reborn among the Devas of the Four Great Kings. It was in reference to this that it was said, 'Kingship over human beings is a meager thing when compared with heavenly bliss.'

"A human century is equal to one day & night among the Devas of the Thirty-Three. Thirty such days & nights make a month... One thousand such heavenly years constitute the life-span among the Devas of the Thirty-three. Now, it is possible that a certain man or woman — from having observed this Uposatha endowed with eight factors — on the break-up of the body, after death, might be reborn among the Devas of the Thirty-three. It was in reference to this that it was said, 'Kingship over human beings is a meager thing when compared with heavenly bliss.'

"Two human centuries are equal to one day & night among the Yama Devas... Two thousand such heavenly years constitute the life-span among the Yama Devas...

"Four human centuries are equal to one day & night among the Contented Devas... Four thousand such heavenly years constitute the life-span among the Contented Devas...

"Eight human centuries is equal to one day & night among the devas who delight in creation... Eight thousand such heavenly years constitute the life-span among the devas who delight in creation...

"Sixteen human centuries are equal to one day & night among the devas who have power over the creations of others. Thirty such days & nights make a month. Twelve such months make a year. Sixteen thousand such heavenly years constitute the life-span among the devas who have power over the creations of others. Now, it is possible that a certain man or woman — from having observed this Uposatha endowed with eight factors — on the break-up of the body, after death, might be reborn among the devas who have power over the creations of others. It was in reference to this that it was said, 'Kingship over human beings is a meager thing when compared with heavenly bliss.'"

One should not kill a being
or take what is not given;should not tell a lie

or be a drinker of strong drink;
should abstain from uncelibacy, the sexual act;
should not eat at night, the wrong time of day;
should not wear a garland or use a scent;
should sleep on a pallet, a mat spread on the ground
—for this eight-factored Uposatha
has been proclaimed by the Awakened One
to lead to the end of suffering & stress.
The moon & sun, both fair to see,
shedding radiance wherever they go,
& scattering darkness as they move through space, brighten the sky, illumining the quarters.
Within their range is found wealth:        
pearl, crystal, beryl, lucky-gem, platinum, nugget-gold, & the refined gold called 'Hataka.'               
Yet they — like the light of all stars        
when compared with the moon —aren't worth one sixteenthof the eight-factored Uposatha.
So whoever — man or woman —is endowed with the virtues of the eight-factored Uposatha,
having done meritorious deeds, productive of bliss, beyond reproach,
goes to the heavenly state. 本帖最后由 v4820 于 22-6-2014 09:56 AM 编辑

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-6-2013 12:58 PM | 显示全部楼层
(本生经) 四九○ 五者布薩會本生譚

[菩薩═苦行者]

序分

此一本生譚是佛在祇園精舍時,對入於布薩會之五百優婆塞所作之談話。爾時佛於法堂,坐於四眾中央之莊嚴佛座之上,心境慈愛,觀見諸人自思:「今日將為優婆塞關聯之說法。」而向優婆塞等言曰:「汝等優婆塞!汝等於此處入布薩會耶?」優婆塞白佛︰「唯然,世尊!」佛言︰「汝等為此,實為善舉。實則布薩會乃為昔日賢者等之習慣,昔日賢者等為制御貪欲等煩惱,而住止於布薩會中。」佛應彼等之請求,為說過去之事。

主分

昔日,摩揭陀國等三國之間,有一森林。菩薩生於摩揭陀國婆羅門之優良家世,成人後捨愛慾而出家,入彼森林,結庵而住。距其庵不遠處有一深竹林,326 其處有一鳩與自己之妻一同居住,一蟻穴有蛇,某一茂林有豺,某一茂林有熊居住;此四物時時往仙人之處聞法。

某日,鳩與其妻一同出巢,為探尋食物而出發。雌鳩行於其後,為一鷹捉去,雄鳩聞妻之悲鳴,返回觀望,見鷹運妻而去。鷹殺泣叫之雌鳩,予以吞食。鳩與妻別,由愛情燃起之悲哀而痛心,彼思:「愛情使予非常苦惱,在不能制御之內,實不欲探食。」彼絕食而往苦行者之近處,為制御愛情而加入布薩會中。

一方蛇亦欲探求食物由住處出來,於前村牛之往來處覓食;爾時村長之全身純白美麗之牛,因取食物,在蟻穴上面用膝行步,用角突土為戲,蛇懼牛之足音,入往蟻穴之中,爾時牛用足踏來,是故蛇怒嚙彼,牛於是殞命。村民聞牛死去,皆一同出來,對牛哭泣,用花環供養,掘穴埋葬而歸。蛇於彼等去後出來,彼思:「予為怒而殺生物,使諸人之心悲哀。今於不能制御此怒之內,不欲探求食物。」而歸來往庵中,為制御此怒,入布薩會,坐於一方。

同時豺亦為探求食物而行,彼發現一匹死象:「予得一大食物。」彼心歡喜,往近前嚙象之鼻,恰如嚙柱時之狀,且味亦不美;彼往嚙牙,如同嚙石時之狀;嚙腹如同嚙籠時之狀;嚙尾如嚙鐵皿時之狀;嚙尻如同嚙乾酪果子之狀。彼因貪食,進入內腹之中,於是餓時食肉,渴時飲血,橫臥時,有內側與肺為遮蔽,彼如是思想:「此處為予整備飲食與寢床,更何須有往他處行之必要?」於是彼喜而不出,住於象腹之內側。而其中漸為風與熱使象之死體乾枯,肛門之出口緊閉,豺於腹中痛苦,肉血漸少,身呈黃色,彼尋覓不得外出之方法。某日不時生雲降雨,肛門柔濕,現出隙縫。豺見有穴,思由此穴逃出,以頭觸擊肛門,但通路狹窄,急往出口之處鑽動,使身體受傷,因肛門之阻塞,豺之身毛皆拔,如同棕櫚之樹幹,無毛而出。於是彼思:「予為貪欲而受此苦惱,今於不能制御之內,不欲往求食物。」於是彼往庵行,為制御貪欲入布薩會,坐於一方。

熊一由森林出來,彼為激烈欲望之捕虜,往末羅國之前村,村民等見熊來大叫:「熊來!」手持弓棒,包圍熊入茂密之處;彼知已被多人包圍,奔出逃竄,彼於逃竄之時,為弓棒所擊打,頭部負傷滴血,歸還自己之住居。彼思:「此苦乃為我之激烈貪欲所致,今在未能制御之內,不去選擇食物。」於是往庵而行,為抑制激烈之貪欲,入布薩會,坐於一方。

苦行者以自己之出生尊貴,起高慢之心,不能入於禪定,爾時有一辟支佛,知其高慢,自思:「此非卑者,彼乃成佛之人物,於此劫即將成為一切智者。予將使其高慢得以制御,到達禪定。」於是彼由自己所坐之草庵出來,自北部雪山而下,坐於彼苦行者石板之上。苦行者出,見他人坐自己之座席,彼因高慢不能自制,來至近前,彈指鳴聲云:「汝應識相,卑下者!汝非人之和尚沙門,為何坐予之座位?」於是彼曰:「善男子!何故爾為高慢?予為辟支佛智慧之知達者。爾於此劫將為一切知之覺者,乃為成佛之人物,滿諸波羅蜜,經如是如是之劫而成佛,成佛時將名悉達多。」於是將名、姓、族及第一弟子等悉皆告之,並云:「爾何故高慢粗暴?於爾實不相應。」彼與以教誡。苦行者雖受如是言後,並未向彼敬禮,亦未問及何時成佛,於是辟支佛云:「爾應知爾之生不如予之德之價值偉大,若爾能修行,亦將如予之飛行於虛空。」於是昇至虛空,以自己之足塵,於彼之結髮之上,撒一圓圈,往北部雪山而去。

苦行者於彼行時,為悲痛所襲,彼思:「此沙門以如此沉重之身體,而如木桶之狀,懸空而步行。予自請生身尊貴,而向如是之辟支佛不與敬禮,亦未問予何時成佛,此予之出生又有何益?此世惟有戒行,最為偉大,予之高慢增上,必將墮入地獄。在此未能抑制高慢之內,將不往探求樹實。」於是入草庵,為制御高慢入布薩會,坐於筵席之上。此賢善男子制御高慢終了,行十遍處,實現神通與禪定,於是往經行臺之一端,坐於座席之上。

爾時鳩等近前飛來,敬禮坐於一方。大士問鳩曰:「汝等前日此時未曾來此,而往探求食物,今日入布薩會耶?」「唯然,尊者!」於是彼問:「是緣何故?」而唱最初之偈:
鳩!今爾滿足少    爾不欲食物
忍耐飢與渴 鳩!   何故取布薩?

鳩聞之唱次之二偈:
吾與雌鳩滿貪欲    兩者皆樂居此地
爾時鷹捉雌鳩去    予無彼女失愛欲
數多之姿別彼女    由心起苦吾煩惱
是故吾入布薩會    貪愛於吾不再起

鳩自己說明參加布薩會時,大士又向蛇等各各問之,彼等亦說明原委。以下為問答之偈:
曲行逼行者!  有二叉舌者
牙裝有劇毒   忍耐飢與渴
爾長身之蛇!  何故入布薩?

村長牛有力    肉隆且震奮
行近來我方    心恐吾嚙彼
牛痛心苦悶    毒發而身亡
是故村人出    泣叫來近前
故吾入布薩    吾怒不再起
腐肉墓地多    食物心不喜
忍耐飢與渴 豺!何故入布薩?

吾入大象腹    樂貪象屍肉
暑風激日光    肛門出口乾
尊者!吾瘦為黃色    吾無出行路
大雲突降雨    肛門出口濕
尊者!吾由肛門出    月現出口濕
故吾入布薩   貪欲不再起

蟻穴之塔蟻 前此爾殺食
忍耐飢與渴 熊!何故入布薩?
蔑視自己家 激望末羅村
諸人由村出 弩弓將吾傷
頭傷足出血 再歸自家來
故吾入布薩 不再起激望

如此四者說明自己之參加布薩會而立,向大士敬禮,問曰:「尊者!由先日此時,尊者皆前往探尋樹實,今日未往,何故入布薩會?」於是唱次之偈:
尊者!我等答爾問 凡從智慧說
尊者!我等重問爾 婆羅門!何故入布薩?

於是彼向彼等說明:
無污辟支佛來庵 暫坐之時彼語我
爾時語我未來事 名姓與行一切語
我向彼足不敬禮 高慢所縛不問彼
是故我入布薩會 我願高慢不再起

大士如斯自語入布薩會之原因,教示彼等,告別而入草庵,彼等亦往各各自己之場所。大士不捨禪定,成應生梵天界之身,而他之諸物亦依彼之教訓而安立,得成應生天界之身。

結分

佛述此法語後,佛言:「汝等優婆塞!此實為昔之賢者等之習慣,汝等應住於布薩會。」於是佛為作本生今昔之結語:「爾時之鳩是阿那律,熊是迦葉,豺是目連,蛇是舍利弗,苦行者即是我。」
本帖最后由 v4820 于 1-7-2013 06:02 PM 编辑

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-6-2013 12:58 PM | 显示全部楼层
(本生经)四九四 娑提那王本生譚
[菩薩═王]

序分

此一本生譚是佛在祇園精舍時,對入布薩會之優婆塞所作之談話。爾時佛言:「汝等優婆塞!昔之賢人等依自己之布薩業,以人間之身體往天界長期居住。」佛應彼等之求,為說過去之事。

主分

昔日,於彌絺羅城有名娑提那王者,從正法以治國。彼在城之四門,城之中央及宮殿之門前,造六布施堂,於全閻浮提休假日行大布施,每日行六十萬之消費。彼守五戒,入布薩會。王國之住民,立足於彼之教誡之上,積布施之功德,死後生於天之城市,於帝釋天之善法講堂,天子充滿而坐,稱讚娑提那王戒行等之德。
其他諸神聞之,起欲見王之望,諸神之王帝釋天知彼等之心,云:「諸位欲見娑提那王耶?」答曰:「唯然,天王!」於是彼命摩兜麗曰:「汝往,付馬駕超勝車,伴娑提那王前來。」於是彼云:「謹遵王命。」同意付馬駕車向毘提訶王國而行。

爾時為滿月之日,摩兜麗於諸人夜食,坐於門前笑語之時,與月輪一同驅車前進,諸人望天云:「有兩月出現於空中。」彼等見車通過月輪向前行進乃曰:「此非月乃車,此天子出現。此究為何人結此如意所向之辛頭馬驅天車而行耶?除吾王之外,將無他人,我等之王實為信心甚深之法王。」諸人十分歡喜,合掌而立,唱第一之偈:
歡喜豎毛髮 此世不思議
天車現虛空 吾王有光榮

摩兜麗驅車,由諸人供養香及花環等物崇拜,彼右繞城三周,往王之宮門之所停車,立於西方窗之下端,準備登門而立。

是日,王往巡視諸布施堂,並與指示:「以如此方法與布施為宜。」於是入布薩會過此一日。而彼時由大臣等圍繞,坐於裝飾之宮殿屋頂華麗之露臺之上,向東窗說有關正法之話。爾時摩兜麗招手向彼為乘車狀,而於招手後即伴之而行:

佛為說明此意義唱偈:
神力偉大之天子 天之御者摩兜麗
彼招彌締羅城主 毘提訶王受招待
王中最優王 乘此天車來
帝釋希見爾 三十三天上
諸天皆憶爾 共坐善法堂

娑提那王見 迴面乘天車
天車軛千馬 馳往諸神前
見此王到著 諸神喜相近
大王!爾善來相伴 相伴爾善來
大王!諸神之王座 王可坐其傍
帝釋喜相迎 毘提訶之王
婆娑婆招待 座席與欲樂

強力諸神之住居 王來居住誠善事
大王!一切欲樂悉成就 諸神望汝與共住
三十三天皆共有 所享欲樂非人間

諸神之王帝釋分與廣一萬由旬天城市之半,一俱胝天女之半及天宮之半與彼。於是彼歡樂於所與之幸福,依人間之數,已過七百年間。彼如是居住之內,於天界自己之功德已盡,心中感不滿足,為此彼與帝釋天如是相語,唱次之偈:

舞踴歌謠與史話 皆云生天有快樂
今我在天已不樂 壽命將盡近死期
汝為諸王最上者 是否予將作愚人?

於是帝釋天向彼云:
爾之死尚遠 壽命亦未盡
有力最上者 爾尚不成愚
然爾功德少 異熟果未盡
依我天之力 使汝住天上
最上王!三十三天內 享非人間樂

爾時大士拒絕云:
如借他車乘 如借他財寶
由他得布施 如此享幸福
由他得布施 此非我所望
自為之功德 財寶我特有
是故我將行 布施住寂靜
攝制又自制 多為諸善行
為時為幸福 無感後侮事

爾時帝釋聞彼之言,命摩兜麗:「汝往,汝伴娑提那王往彌絺羅城,置於王之遊園之上。」於是彼依言而為。王巡迴步行於遊園之中,遊園之管理人見彼詢問後,往那羅陀王之所告稟。於是聞王之到來:「汝先行為彼王與予準備二席置之。」王遣遊園管理人先行,於是彼依命而行。爾時娑提那王問彼曰:「何故設二座席之位?」答曰:「一為貴王,一為我王而設。」於是王云:「他為如何之人,將坐於予面前之席上?」王坐一席,而置足於另一席上。那羅陀王出發前往,向彼之足敬禮,坐於一方。

彼乃娑提那王第七代之後裔,爾時之人壽為百歲之時,而大士依功德之力,過如此之時光。彼執那羅陀王之手,於遊園巡迴散步,唱次之三偈:
此處有旱田 有水流溝渠
此等諸小川 為此綠草蔽
一五此有蓮池樂 鴛鴦鳴聲滿
曼陀羅之華 白蓮青蓮蔽
與我共居人 今往何處去
此等旱田為地面 彼處樂園有森林
相知之人何不見 那羅陀!予見此如空漠所

爾時那羅陀向彼云:「大王!貴王因往天界,經七百年,予乃貴王第七代之後裔。貴王之臣下,均已墮入死域,然此為貴王自己之王國,請受取之。」王曰:「那羅陀!予非為王而來此處,予為行功德而來,予只為欲作功德。」於是唱次之四偈:
我見天宮殿 光輝耀四方
面向諸天王 亦見諸天子
予住天之居 予享天欲樂
三十三天內 一切欲樂遂
我見為如斯 來此為功德
我只為行法 王位我不望
勿導罪咎道 等正覺者說
有德人進道 我亦欲踏進

如是大士為此等偈,以智慧集唱,盡知一切。爾時那羅陀更向彼云:「大王!請與指導王國。」彼答:「王子!予不望王位,望與我七日間行七百年間之布施。」那羅陀云:「甚善。」接受彼之言行大布施。王行布施七日間,至第七日娑提那王死,生入三十三天。

結分

佛述此法語後,佛言︰「布薩業應真誠住之始為相應。」於是說明聖諦之理──說聖諦之理竟,優婆塞之中,有者入預流果,有者入一來果──而佛為作本生今昔之結語:「爾時之那羅陀王是阿難,帝釋天是阿那律,娑提那王即是我。」
本帖最后由 v4820 于 1-7-2013 06:08 PM 编辑

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-6-2013 12:59 PM | 显示全部楼层

(本生经)五一一 何欲本生譚

[菩薩═苦行者]

序分

此本生譚是佛在祇園精舍時,對布薩羯磨所作之談話。一日於守布薩日,多數之優婆塞優婆夷等為聞法來坐於法堂時,佛問:「優婆塞等!來守布薩日耶?」答曰:「世尊!唯然。」佛更言:「汝等守布薩日甚為美好,昔人守半布薩之福蔭,受多人之褒揚。」佛應彼等之求,為說過去之事。

主分

昔日於波羅奈梵與王依正義治國時,王為一信心者,行施保戒守布薩日不怠。王向其他大臣等亦勸行布施及其他之善事,然王之司祭官,陰讒他人,收取賄賂,為假裁判,種種不法行為。

王於布薩日呼喚大臣及其他諸人云:「請守布薩日。」然司祭官不守布薩戒,彼於中午收取賄賂,為假裁判,至其來奉侍王時,王向大臣等問曰:「汝等守布薩日耶?」王向司祭官亦問:「阿闍梨!汝守布薩日耶?」「大王!唯然。」彼為虛言而下宮殿。爾時一大臣詰彼曰:「汝並未守布薩日。」彼答:「予於早晨為食事歸家漱口。為決心守布薩,予黃昏不食,夜間守戒,如是予守半布薩日。」「阿闍梨!此亦甚好。」

司祭官歸家依言而行。

又一日,彼於裁判椅上就坐時,一道德堅固之婦人,因訴訟而未能歸家,彼女云:「予不犯布薩日。」食事近時,彼女開始漱口。爾時有向司祭官處持來已熟之數串菴羅果者,彼知婦人守布薩日,彼云:「汝可食此,守布薩日。」彼與婦人以菴羅果,婦人依言而食。只此為婆羅門所為之善事。

婆羅門死後,於雪山之麓哥西奇河邊,有佔地三由旬菴羅林中之歡樂處,有無上美麗之黃金宮殿,裝飾美麗之寢林,受一萬六千著瓔珞具最上容色之天女圍繞;彼依業報出生為由眠至醒與宮殿鬼相當之物,只有夜間享受榮華。朝日昇起,彼即入菴羅林中,當彼入林之剎那,彼之鬼體消失,化成八十肘長之身體,全身熾燃,如同花已開之緊叔樹狀,兩手一各生一指,其指有如大鍬之爪,彼以其爪抓取其肉而食,瘋狂痛苦,呻吟苦悶。黃昏之時,罪體消失,鬼體出現,則有身著絕妙瓔珞之舞姬手執樂器,圍繞四周,彼享受榮華,昇入菴羅林中天宮享樂。

因彼贈與守布薩日婦人以菴羅實之福蔭,獲得三由旬菴羅林;因收取賄賂,為假裁判,自拔脊中之肉而食;又因守半布薩日之福蔭,故夜夜享受榮華,受一萬六千之舞姬圍繞。

爾時波羅奈王厭諸欲之生活,出家為苦行者,於恆河下游之適宜樂土,建一草屋,拾落物為食,維繫生命而度日。其後某日之事,由彼菴羅林中落下如瓶狀之熟大菴羅果流入恆河之中,向彼苦行者所使用之浴水場流入。彼正洗顏,見菴羅果自河之中間流來,彼入水中取之,持歸庵中,置於浴室,以小刀割取足以支持一餐之食,餘者用芭蕉之葉包裏,以備來日之食,返復至盡。

然此果食盡,更無他果可食,彼為味慾所縛,彼思:「予欲食此菴羅之果。」於是往河岸而向河注視:「如不得菴羅果入手,決不離此處。」彼決心固守而坐。彼一物不食,任風吹日晒,向河中注視,一日、二日、三日、四日、五日、六日坐於其處,至第七日河神詮索,知其緣由:「此苦行者為貪欲之虜,七日之間,不飲不食,注視恆河而坐。不能不以熟菴羅果與彼,否則彼將餓死,予將與之。」於是河神止住於恆河之上空,與彼交談,唱第一之偈:

何欲何目的 何願何所求
婆羅門!汝有何需用 曝熱獨沉思
苦行者聞此,唱次之九偈:
譬如大水瓶 形大似圓球
純熟菴羅果 色香味殊勝

彼於河當中 予見其流行
兩手持取得 運歸己菴屋
我自以刀割 以療我飢渴
我以芭蕉葉 包藏其餘者
我失彼煩惱 無果不堪飢
他之如何果 均不見美味
菴羅果甘美 我拾漂大海
彼使我乾枯 將運去死處
何故有飢渴 樂向河邊坐
廣住多鱗魚 一切我語汝
汝亦不須逃 語我己之事
婦人!汝為何許人弱 婦人!來此為何用?
如磨黃金板 幼虎生山脊
汝仕天人婦 彼此有間隔

天人乾闥婆 人間麗姿者
不及汝容姿 麗人我問汝
請汝語我名 並語汝親族
於是河神唱次之八偈:
婆羅門!汝之坐所向 哥西奇愛河
過彼美善流 急湍我住家
種種樹木茂 多有山岩窟
此等皆向我 雨期等流下
一三 森林多河流 碧色水湛清
小川流來多 龍之所有者

此等小川中 菴羅與閻浮
多羅羅浮闍 烏曇婆羅果
多種類果物 運來常不絕
兩岸樹果實 不斷水上落
果實必浮波 為我流捕捉
廣慧智慧者 善聞我所云
勿執著喜悅 王!此汝應防止

國土增長者 汝之血肉肥 3
我不見增盛 期待死之至
父與人天乾闥婆 彼知渴愛之虜事
世能攝己高仙士 彼等必知增盛人
於是苦行者唱次之四偈:
智者知諸法 死與生命滅
斯人不積罪 亦不思害他

普為仙人知 婦人!廣為世言稱
汝非謗聖者 邪業求不息 4
我於汝岸邊 飢渴不食死
善女!汝於我死後 必招惡心評來
孅弱之婦人 應須防邪業
汝於我死後 人總不譏汝
天女[河神]聞此唱次之五偈:
堪忍難忍之人! 我已知此事之由
我與汝身及菴羅 汝棄難捨之諸欲
了解安息與正法

汝棄前結縛 後更住結縛 5
汝行不法事 增長汝邪行
來!汝到菴羅林 汝不貪諸欲
寒時與汝果 善住於無欲
伏敵!醉心花之味 天界多眾鳥
頸麗白鷺鳥 孔雀歌雅啼
金色舍利鳥 白鳥之群鳴
迦陵頻伽鳥 飛舞相交織

此處菴羅樹之頂 擴散蓬鬆如積秣
尼泊赤花芳香樹 多羅樹垂成熟果

河神如是褒美,使苦行者由其處下,彼云:「汝至菴羅林食菴羅果,可滿足自己之欲望。」言畢而去。苦行者食菴羅果滿足欲望休息後,於菴羅林中漫步巡迴,爾時見鬼之苦狀,不能作任何言,然於日沒時,見彼鬼由舞姬圍繞,享受如天宮之榮華,唱次之三偈:

天有華鬘有衣裳 瓔珞脕環栴檀香
夜為眾人所服侍 晝間惱於諸痛苦
一萬六千婦女子 歌舞彈唱服侍汝
汝有如斯大威力 身毛豎立不思議
汝於汝前世 如何犯邪行
今於人間界 自苦食脊肉?

鬼知彼所云:「貴君不知予為何人,實則予乃貴君之司祭官。夜間予所受之幸福,乃為貴君恩蔭,得守半布薩之報;然晝間所受苦,乃為予犯惡報。予為貴君之裁判官時,為假裁判收取賄賂,陰地說人讒言,以此業報,晝間受此苦。」於是唱次之二偈:

予習吠陀 溺於諸欲
長時行之 不利他人
毀他人者 猶予今日
割他人食 如己食脊

彼如此云後問苦行者曰:「貴君因何來至此處?」苦行者詳談一切事之始末。鬼問:「然則大德!有時貴君住於此處耶?抑欲歸去耶?」「予不住於此處,欲歸自己之庵室。」「甚善,大德!予將常為送上已熟之菴羅果。」於是鬼以自己之通力送彼回至庵室,並與彼約束云:「貴君請住此處勿厭。」言畢而去。自此以後,鬼常以已熟之菴羅果奉獻與苦行者,苦行者得續嚐其味,彼修行觀法、禪定、神通,得出生於梵天界。

結分

佛對優婆塞等說此法語後,說明聖諦之理──說聖諦之理竟,有得預流果、有得一來果、有得不還果者。──於是佛為作本生今昔之結語:「爾時之河神是蓮華色,苦行者即是我。」

註 1 此篇共為三十集(Timsanipata)。
2 於陰曆每月八、十四、十五、二十三、二十九、三十之六日守八齋戒,從而不取午食
及夜
食,夫婦於此日一晝夜間避免性行,此謂之六齋日。普通一般以十五、三十兩日代此
六回,
守八齋戒。
3 此身體有富於春秋意。
4 此乃王謂謗仙之行為積邪業。
5 前棄王位為棄前之結使結縛,今為菴羅果所羈絆乃住著於後之結縛。
本帖最后由 v4820 于 1-7-2013 06:14 PM 编辑

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 22-6-2014 09:19 AM | 显示全部楼层
顶一下
回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
发表于 7-10-2017 10:43 AM | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 7-8-2019 09:14 PM 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
v4820 发表于 30-6-2013 12:57 PM
Muluposatha Sutta: The Roots of the Uposatha.
translated from the Pali by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

I have heard that on one occasion the Blessed One was staying in Savatthi at the Eastern Monastery, the ...

謝謝分享,本來看不太懂莊春江翻譯的這句話—人類王權比天樂卑微,用google search結果找到這篇文章。
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 8-1-2020 08:37 AM 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
第二 发表于 7-8-2019 09:14 PM

謝謝分享,本來看不太懂莊春江翻譯的這句話—人類王權比天樂卑微,用google search結果找到這篇文章。

不用客气。

顺便顶一下~~
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-8-2021 09:44 PM | 显示全部楼层
2021年,帖子都久了
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 28-8-2021 11:43 PM | 显示全部楼层
v4820 发表于 28-8-2021 09:44 PM
2021年,帖子都久了

谢谢,受益了。

好贴经得起时间的考验。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 29-8-2021 04:23 PM | 显示全部楼层
蓝色长今 发表于 28-8-2021 11:43 PM
谢谢,受益了。

好贴经得起时间的考验。

一切檀香中,牛頭栴檀最尊貴。
一切白衣戒中,布薩八戒為最勝。

後天是布薩日,賢友有沒有想要累積多一些升天的資糧
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 29-8-2021 11:23 PM | 显示全部楼层
第二 发表于 29-8-2021 04:23 PM
一切檀香中,牛頭栴檀最尊貴。
一切白衣戒中,布薩八戒為最勝。

後天是布薩日,賢友有沒有想要累積多一些升天的資糧

真的要学习贤友,专心佛事和修行,

不理外面的是非风雨,

我有看到贤友努力的两个题目越来越完善,

也阅读受益了。

我已经超过年半没办法进寺院持八戒,

不知道贤友有什么好提议吗?

P/ S: 比起升天,更想证果。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 30-8-2021 02:27 AM | 显示全部楼层
蓝色长今 发表于 29-8-2021 11:23 PM
真的要学习贤友,专心佛事和修行,

不理外面的是非风雨,

我有看到贤友努力的两个题目越来越完善,

也阅读受益了。

我已经超过年半没办法进寺院持八戒,

不知道贤友有什么好提议吗?

P/ S ...

在家的,一個星期拿一兩天持八戒就好啦,沒必要一定要去寺院或者布薩日,這些只是傳統而已。難道修行也一定要在寺院才能修嗎?若能覺知每一呼一吸,當下就是在修行了啊!
做人要智慧變通!

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-8-2021 05:45 AM | 显示全部楼层
刚好今天是布萨日
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2021 12:52 AM | 显示全部楼层
lalakia2012 发表于 30-8-2021 02:27 AM
在家的,一個星期拿一兩天持八戒就好啦,沒必要一定要去寺院或者布薩日,這些只是傳統而已。難道修行也一定要在寺院才能修嗎?若能覺知每一呼一吸,當下就是在修行了啊!
做人要智慧變通!

有道理。
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 31-8-2021 12:52 AM | 显示全部楼层
v4820 发表于 30-8-2021 05:45 AM
刚好今天是布萨日

sadhu.sadhu.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2021 10:30 AM | 显示全部楼层
蓝色长今 发表于 29-8-2021 11:23 PM
真的要学习贤友,专心佛事和修行,

不理外面的是非风雨,

我有看到贤友努力的两个题目越来越完善,

也阅读受益了。

我已经超过年半没办法进寺院持八戒,

不知道贤友有什么好提议吗?

P/ S ...

外面的是非風雨想理也理不到,現時疫情艱難,政治混亂,社會趨向分裂,人心浮動。

對他人最好的示範就是把自己的身心都照顧好,身口意尤其是口業要更加謹慎,現在網路發達說了不善的口業會把事情弄得越糟。

疫情時期,如果進不了寺院持受八戒,就時常憶念三寶的清淨功德,憶念自己曾經做過的佈施、曾經持過的戒。你要這樣想:我有這些善業,它會為我帶來保護,就如同一個人要去遠方,他有隨從為他打點、他身上不缺水和食物、他有錢住旅館而不用露宿街頭,因為他有這些資糧。同樣的,你的善業就是就是你的資糧,它會為你帶來善的獲得。

心裡有這樣的信心:諸天人所具備的淨信、淨戒、 淨施、淨聞、淨慧,我也具備這些素質,我必定生於諸天,我對此沒有動搖的。

通過這六種憶念,你能獲得現法樂住。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2021 11:45 PM | 显示全部楼层
第二 发表于 31-8-2021 10:30 AM
外面的是非風雨想理也理不到,現時疫情艱難,政治混亂,社會趨向分裂,人心浮動。

對他人最好的示範就是把自己的身心都照顧好,身口意尤其是口業要更加謹慎,現在網路發達說了不善的口業會把事情弄得越糟。

善哉。善哉。

随喜贤友。

更感谢贤友的提点。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-8-2022 08:55 PM 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
重温布撒的好处。善哉,善哉。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

所属分类: 宗教信仰

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 26-4-2024 04:50 PM , Processed in 0.067240 second(s), 29 queries , Gzip On.